Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hurts my Heart...

I accidentally happened across a bedtime ritual that I knew nothing of, about 2 months ago... Since my days consist of Logan, Logan, Logan (and seven other babes), bedtime is usually daddy's time with Logan.. Bath (which he still loves), Lotion down (which he still hates), pj's, bottle.. BUT there is something so special that Shawn started with Logan in between pj's and bottle... There is a picture of Nannie, Poppie and Logan from the day that he was born that sits on the bookshelf... It has always been there because with the distance I always have wanted Logan to recognize Nannie and Poppie without showing any signs of shyness.. (Skype is a blessing and I truly believe that Logan has formed a special bond with them regardless of miles) Now what I happened upon was Shawn showing Logan the picture every night and saying Night Night to Nannie/Poppie... That in itself choked me up... I can't help but hurt when I think of what an even more special bond this little man would have with them if we were closer... I remember growing up and watching friends with extremely involved grandparents at every function and couldn't help but think how nice a bond like that would be... I know if we were closer Logan would have that with my parents and that makes my heart hurt for him and for them.. NOW in case you haven't teared up yet this video will get you... This was the next thing that just put me straight over the edge... Good Luck with the whole dry eyes thing!!

No comments: