Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daddy's Girl


So it was raised to my attention that today I will spend my last birthday as a "Wright". It kind of hit me in a weird, exciting and sad way. I have lived my first "quarter of a century" as one and will spend the rest of mine as a Smaciak! I am so excited for the new chapter in my life but can't help to think about how I got to point I am. As I said in my first post my mom means the world to me and is truly the best friend I have ever had. In the same respect my dad is my daddy! There is no other feeling in the world like being daddy's little girl, 5 years old or 25 years old. He is the person that has always 100% been there for me. I love him more than any other person in this world. He has been the best father and friend I have ever known. I know there are times that I have pushed his limits as a daughter but I can only hope that I am half of the person that he is and continues to be. I have never known anyone as compassionate, caring and sincere as my father.

He made the statement that sometimes people call him Richard Winter (my mom's father) and that he is honored even with the little oops of a name because of how great my grandfather was. Well I believe that he has made a legacy of his own. He is an amazing father (and poppie), family man, friend, person. I know when I remain being called Shannon Wright instead of Shannon Smaciak I will smile thinking of my dad and how the slip of a name brings a sense of honor to those before us. Oh and the roses... Every birthday since my 13th birthday my dad has sent me yellow roses one for every year that I am. These are from my 22nd birthday. Shawn made it very clear to him that this is one responsibility that he will NOT take over as a husband! Speaking of honor and and respect, it is true what they say, I am truly marrying my father!! Shawn & dad have a relationship that cracks me up. Dad adding a FOURTH son(in law) to the mix and he FINALLY has a sports buff!!.. Shawn has even gotten dad fishing!! Anywhoooo I will and forever will be a true Daddy's Little Girl!

2 comments:

bonniew said...

Happy Birthday Little Girl! This is an awsome post! You forgot about when Papa was around and we celebrated his birthday and yours together! Actually on Sunday when we had your cake, it was his birthday! March 22nd, he still celebrates with you!

Pam said...

Awww!! That is such a sweet post. Don't worry, even when you change the name you will still always be Daddy's girl! Enjoy your last birthday as a "Wright!" HAPPY BIRTHDAY!