Monday, March 23, 2009

Whirling Windy Weekend!!.. with the O'Brien's







This past weekend we made a journey to Daytona Beach, Florida. Not only are my parents there right now but our great friends Sean, Jill & of course little Claire were taking a vacation there. Shawn and I took off from Columbia at about 4:00 Friday afternoon and headed back on Sunday around the same time. It was a quick little trip but we had a great time AND obviously great food and company! Friday night we got pizza from our favorite pizza place Genoveses with mom and dad. Saturday we got up and hit our favorite jewelry store to GET OUR WEDDING BANDS!! We paid for mine and ordered Shawn's! (It was very exciting!!) Then Shawn and I "ventured" to see The O'Brien's at their hotel. Well Sean ended up with the 24 hour flu. So Jill, Claire and myself entertained ourselves by the pool! Saturday night we went to another favorite spot, Boondocks!! Claire and my Shawn were able to feed the fishies!! Sunday we got up and waited for the visitors to go to the beach, (Sean was better thankfully). The beach didn't exactly work out because the wind was so strong, we were down there for about 10 minutes!! But we were able to lay by the pool. Dad cooked out steaks on his handy Foreman Grill!! Mom cooked potatoes & asparagus and I made Pasta Salad. The food was amazing... Then it was followed by an amazing dessert, BIRTHDAY cake that Jill brought/bought for me.. (turning a quarter of a century on Thursday!!)... She reminded me that it was my last birthday as "a WRIGHT".. :( WEIRD!!... Claire helped me blow out the candles/tried to eat the flame!!.. We had an amazing weekend with amazing people and it just makes me realize how much I miss my family and friends up North. They are the people that I am the most myself around and I love it. Claire has grown up so much and has her own little personality that is absolutely HILARIOUS!.. Thank you O'Briens (and mom/dad) for a great weekend getaway!!!

No comments: