Sunday, September 11, 2011

Welcome to the World Logan Richard Smaciak

We pretty much are obsessed with this little man... He has filled our hearts in such a short amount of time that it is ridiculous!!... We love little Logan Richard... As for his name: Logan was in the top three names and he came out looking like a Logan, Richard is after his Poppie... This hefty man was born at 4:57p.m. on August 31, 2011, weighed 8lbs 15.9ozs (We don't say 9 lbs because they wouldn't give him the 10th of an ounce...) and was 21 inches long... He came via ceasarean section after almost 24 hours of "labor".. It was not an intense labor because little (big) man did NOT drop at all not even a little bit, I never dilated nor thinned at all... They tried cervadel, pitocin (twice, as in they jump started it after the first time) and then we finally called it quits and said give us the section!!.. That was at 4:10p.m. and I was in the OR by 4:30p.m.... Although throughout the end of my pregnancy we completely felt like we were going to have a section, when the time came it was sooo overwhelming.... Going from a peaceful, quiet day to full on surgery prep put me right over the edge... After saying goodbyes I got wheeled into the OR and they "tried" to place my spinal tap.. OUCH, well that took forever because apparently my "vertebrate are very close".. I personally believe that it was because I had a 9 pound child inside of me and ALOT of fluid on board!! The placement was the most excruciating part of my day.. BUT it was all worth in in about 30 minutes.. With Shawn by my head and talking me through everything, and my parents in the room across the hall waiting, waiting, waiting!!.. Mr. Logan Richard let out those first SCREAMS and it was the most overjoyous moment of my life... It was incredible, amazing, and on and on and on... Story will pick up from here next time!!!

No comments: