Saturday, May 14, 2011

24 Weeks!!

With 24 weeks came my Glucose test... I was extremely, extremely nervous!! I have heard horror stories about #1 the actual test and #2 the outcome of a positive test... I am very nervous around needles (something I have yet to get over even with the shots and bloodwork with pregnancy!!).. I feared that I would have to give myself shots daily.. Not a good time for me... Then after the one hour test they informed me that they would get in touch with me at the beginning of the week... What that meant for me?! Sugar induced weekend for the fear of no more sugar... Thursday night I went to Dairy Queen got a chocolate ice cream sundae with hot fudge AND peanut butter topping and then add on reese's peanut butter cup pieces :) THANK YOU!!... Well Friday the doctor's office called and guess what?! Glucose and Hemoglobin tests came back at perfect levels!! I was pretty ecstatic.. Now detoxing from the high levels of sugar I put into my body!!... As for Sweet Baby S, he is doing fantastic!! He is a very active little guy and daddy and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching my belly start to bounce up and down!!.. He measured perfectly and his heartbeat remains constant in the 140's!! My back pain has eased, so that is exciting!! Little man still wedges himself on my left side, in fact when the doctor was looking for his heartbeat, she found him within one inch of where she started, directly to the left of my belly button!!

This week we have also started zoning in on names.. We don't want to "officially" name him until he is born but our top names aren't a secret!!... We call him all of the names and I personally have found it funny because he responds to one of my favorites the most!! One three weeks left in this trimester!! YIKES that's pretty scary, along with the fact that I made the rest of our doctor appointments all the way up to our due date!! Exciting times!!

No comments: