Monday, May 2, 2011

How Sweet It Is....

May 1, 2011... A day that will forever be remembered in the lives of Americans... A day that will also always be remembered by our little family of two and a half right now... Last Thursday Baby S' kicks, punches, swooshes, and movements started getting very deliberate and punctuated... All weekend I would yell to Shawn come here quick, put his hand where I could feel the kicking and then wait with a smile on my face.... The result: NOTHING!!... Last night we were just going to bed after a fun filled weekend of a beautiful wedding, planting flowers and spending it with our favorite Nannie & Poppie, and I started feeling the movement... I KNEW that these were the most intense movements yet... SHAWN "right here, just use your palm and push down..." About 30 seconds: NOTHING and then: A great big smile on both of our faces "Is that him?!"... Of course... And then he continued to put on a show for about 5 minutes... Those were some of the best minutes I have witnessed in my entire life... Smiles and giggles turned into smiles with tears... It was amazing... What this made me realize!?... This little man is going to be oh so lucky... Shawn is going to be an amazing AAAAAMAZING daddy... I've known this from the minute I met him long ago BUT REALLLY he is going to be the best... He has so much love, guidance, heart, knowledge, funnies and smiles to give and I believe Baby S will know all of this the second he looks into his daddy's eyes!!... Another thing I realized!?... I may need back up in the delivery room = My husband is going to be a wreck :)

No comments: