Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Social Event of the Spring... :)

So I am beginning to stress a little bit... About the upcoming summer? No.. About being pregnant? No... About a baby almost being here? No... Let me set the scene for you, my very crafty, random, unique friend "Queen Bee" & her husband "King Bee" throw a Kentucky Derby Party every year... Go visit her blog "The Beehive Times" ... It is hilariously awesome.. She is very quirky with her writing and very, very talented with her many different projects that she always has going on!! Okay back to the point: The Derby Party... I have heard about this party for three (possibly four) years... About how amazing it is and how much fun it is... AND how amazing it is that it really feels like being at the Derby... I mean full on attire (including hats, dresses, bowties, etc..), the REAL mint juleps, betting and of course the two minute race on the television... There are prizes for different things (so I have heard) but am not sure of the categories!!.. MY PROBLEM!?!?!: I usually am on top of things like this: Right up my alley... Dressing up & creating a hat HECK YES... Welllllll, I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and not getting any smaller... I could care less about having to find another huge dress to wear... Definitely do NOT feel like wearing heels (I can barely walk by the end of the day as is)... Nor do I feel like doing anything remotely creative ie: making a sweet hat that can win a prize because let's face it why am I going to make a hat unless I'm in it to win it!! haha.. So there's my dilemma... I have ONE WEEK to get my rear in gear!! I definitely don't want to get removed from the list for next year when I can REALLLLLY enjoy it for being the most ridiculously slack guest this year!!... Whew let's just hope that I can pull off the whole trashy preggo lady role with some either flannel or camo... JK JK!! I just need to get some motivation!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This totally made my day!!!

We have had many pregnant Derby attendees!! Of course, they come in a comfy dress and flip flops and park themselves by the food table. HA!

Suggestion: If you can't/don't want to go the HAT route, think about a headband, or clip. You can find some cute ones at Hob Lob and then just add some feathers to go with your dress. Like the Royal Wedding head dresses.....

Our Prize winning categories this year are: Best Dressed and Best Derby "Hat".